On this page you will find a list of local events and activities organised by 3rd parties, including other local U3As, that may be of interest to Watford Park U3A members.
These disclaimers apply:
- Unless an item clearly states that it is a Watford Park U3A initiative, assume that it is not.
- Watford Park U3A is not liable for any aspect of any item on these pages which has not been organised by Watford Park U3A.
- Content on these pages is provided purely as an information service. Inclusion of an item does not constitute a recommendation.
- Members are expected to exercise normal common sense and caution in using the information provided and ensuring they are adequately covered by insurance where appropriate.
- Inclusion of material in an e-Noticeboard page is always subject to non-negotiable approval by the Executive Committee.
WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION WITH CORONAVIRUS MANY OF THE EVENTS HERE MAY BE CANCELLED. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE ORGANISER(S) BEFORE YOU TRAVEL TO THEM
- The Classical and Light Music Performance Club continues to meet using Zoom on some Saturdays.
Their next meeting is on 23 January 2021. Details are here.
Performers are invited to play or sing short pieces of around 5 minutes. Audience members are very welcome.
If you would like to attend as audience or to perform please contact David Silver on email@example.com. to discover the next meeting date.
This event is free of charge.
- Woodland Burials are a type of funeral often mentioned but not always understood. In this article by Peter Lewin, he writes in favour of the practice from his own recent experience. The whole article can be found here
Items Organised by Other Local U3As
- Love Watford Radio is a new community radio station and is looking for volunteers, either 'in front' or 'behind' the microphone
- Take a Simple Drive to a Healthier Life has been written by an Australian doctor to give advice on living a healthy lifestyle. It is an easy read and we hope you will find the advice helpful, but can take no responsibility for its accuracy.
- Watford and Three Rivers Trust have published a Guide to Local Events and Social Activities, for the over 55s, to help you stay active and well in later life.